We pride ourselves on being able to offer an amazing education for an affordable tuition. Tuition is used to pay rent, insurance, and teachers’ salaries/benefits. Donations and fundraising efforts go toward operational expenses such as classroom supplies, general maintenance, capital improvements, and special projects.
By supporting Washington Park Early Learning Center, you are helping to create a parent cooperative school where children, parents, and teachers come together to play, explore, and learn in a joyful, stimulating, and safe environment. WPELC’s goal is to nurture caring, confident, and competent lifelong learners.
If you would like to make a donation to our school, you may do so here. Cash or material donations are tax deductible.
Donations are confidential and do not impact enrollment decisions. WPELC does not accept monetary donations from new families with a pending application. Applications are considered pending until acceptance/waitlist notifications are sent out.
For questions, please contact our WPELC Volunteer Board Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *Grocery Cards: Use reloadable grocery cards as an easy way to contribute to our school through everyday purchases at King Soopers or Safeway; for every $100 spent using a WPELC-connected grocery card, our school receives $5. WPELC families spend a minimum amount on grocery cards monthly, or pay a buyout.
- One-Time Fundraisers: Chinook Books, Local Deck, and Mabel’s Labels are just a few examples of sales-fundraisers that our school may participate in. On average, we offer one of these per school year.
- Terracyle Pouch Recycling: Through the Terracycle program, we collect squeezable snack food pouches (i.e. GoGo Squeez, Plum Organics) and send them off to be recycled. Terracycle gives money back to the school for every shipment we send in. All brands are accepted, but pouches need to be empty and include the lid.
- *Annual Silent Auction: Our silent auction is a fun social and fundraising event that gives families the opportunity to create connections while simultaneously building resources for the school. All families participate in securing items for the silent auction. The auction is our biggest fundraiser and earns nearly half of our annual fundraising budget.
- Fall Festival: Each year our WPELC families gather to celebrate Halloween and Fall. Our family friendly event is based on community building and raising some money for the school. Our event includes a trick-or-treating path for our students run by our wonderful staff, as well as fun raffles, a wine pull, live music, games for kids, and more.
- Dine & Donate and Shopping for a Cause Evenings: WPELC partners with local and national merchants and restaurants to provide opportunities to fit giving to our school into things you already do. Local restaurants such as Blackbird Public House, Chook Chicken and The Kitchen Next Door, as well as local boutique Wish, have partnered with WPELC to donate a portion of sales on a particular evening to our school. Additionally, these events provide a great opportunity to connect with other families.
For questions regarding fundraising programs and efforts, please contact our WPELC Volunteer Board Fundraising Chair at email@example.com.
* Denotes programs that participation or a buyout is required. All other programs are optional.