You may make a donation at any time, but, throughout the school year, our Fundraising Committee is busy hosting fantastic events for our families. These events provide an opportunity to build our cooperative community, have fun and contribute to the school! Our Fundraising Committee partners with local and national merchants and restaurants to provide a variety of ways you can fit giving to WPELC into things you may already do. Some programs run all year through and some are a big bang at one time of the year.
If you have a fundraising idea, please let us know at email@example.com.
You can earn funds for WPELC just by shopping on Amazon. Remember to start at smile.amazon.com where you’ll find the exact same low prices and selection offered at Amazon, but with 0.5% of your eligible purchases going to our school. Your existing Amazon account info will work seamlessly with your Amazon Smile account. It’s a small amount that can add up quickly when all our families use this option.
The Amazon Smile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible Amazon Smile purchases to WPELC. On your first visit to Amazon Smile, you need to select Washington Park Early Learning Center to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. Or you can use our special link to add WPELC as your charity automatically: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-0646196. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make on Amazon Smile will result in a donation. You use the same account on Amazon.com and Amazon Smile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, and other account settings are also the same.
Local restaurants including Blackbird Public House, The Tavern Wash Park, Chipotle, The Kitchen Next Door, and Lark Burger have partnered with WPELC to donate a portion of sales on a particular evening to our school. Watch for information about this year’s social dining out opportunities.
- September 15, 2017 – Dine Out at Tavern Wash Park on Gaylord
- October 16, 2017 – Dine Out at the Kitchen Next Door in Glendale
- January 8-12, 2017 – Dining “In” with SupperBell
- February 13, 2018 – Dine Out at Chipotle (Alameda & Logan)
- March 7, 2018 – Dining Night Out at Pizzeria Locale
- May 9, 2018 – Dining Night Out at Modern Market
Local and national merchants have partnered with us to donate a percentage of purchases during a limited-time sale. In the past, we’ve received support from companies including The Bookies, Tea Clothing, Mabel’s Labels, Bonnie Brea Wine & Liquor Mart, and The Street Boutique. Watch for information about this year’s special shopping opportunities.
- September 27, 2017 – The Street Boutique
- October 9-16, 2017 – Tea Collection’s Fall 2017 School Days Fundraiser
- December 11-17, 2017 – Bonnie Brea Wine & Liquor Shopping Event
- February 26-March 5, 2018 – Tea Collection’s Spring 2018 School Days Fundraiser